Wealth Planning Analyst
About Wacker Wealth Partners:
We are a fee-only, independent wealth management firm overseeing $850 million in investments and providing comprehensive financial planning for our clients. Our firm’s founder, Bob Wacker, helped shape the financial planning profession, having served as the national President and Chair of NAPFA and on the Board of Governors of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards. With a team of eight CFP® practitioners working together now, Wacker Wealth Partners continues its tradition of leadership and innovation in relentless pursuit of providing clients with the best financial guidance available.
Our firm is located on the beautiful and coveted central coast of California in San Luis Obispo. Whether it is hiking, surfing, wine tasting, mountain biking, or just general well-being you are after, SLO offers world class opportunities with small town charm and community. With only a three hour drive to Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay area, or the mountains, SLO is also a great home base for weekend excursions.
The Wealth Planning Analyst (WPA) Position:
This position is the entry point for aspiring Financial Planners/Advisors at Wacker Wealth Partners and is designed to provide the experience necessary for one to attain their CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. In addition, our training program and team approach to client service give WPAs hands on exposure and experience in every aspect of the financial planning process, including actual client relationship building. There is no marketing or business development expectation for this position.
- Utilizing planning, investment, and tax software programs
- Participating in research, planning meetings, webinars, etc. to enhance knowledge
- Assisting advisors in preparing for, conducting, and following up on client meetings and in performing financial analysis
- Contacting, responding to, meeting with, and following up with planning clients as needed in person, by phone, or by email.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- A commitment to the profession of personal financial planning;
- A Bachelor’s degree (required) and preferably a degree/certificate from a CFP® Board Registered Financial Planning program;
- Five to ten years of experience working in a professional capacity, preferably in a client service role;
- General knowledge of financial planning and investment concepts;
- A passion for helping people through the financial planning process;
- Robust analytical skills, both in identifying problem issues and in evaluating solutions;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A genuine, self-assured personal interactive manner that elicits sharing and trust;
- A confident, can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
Salary and Benefits are competitive based on industry standards and experience, including:
- Company-wide bonus plan based on firm profitability
- 401(k) with match, subsidized health/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation and/or continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities