About Wacker Wealth Partners:
We are a fee-only, independent wealth management firm overseeing $850 million in investments and providing comprehensive financial planning for our clients. Our firm’s founder, Bob Wacker, helped shape the financial planning profession, having served as the national President and Chair of NAPFA and on the Board of Governors of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards. With a team of sixteen people, eight of which are CFP® practitioners, Wacker Wealth Partners continues its tradition of leadership and innovation in relentless pursuit of providing clients with the best financial guidance available.
Our firm is located on the beautiful and coveted central coast of California in San Luis Obispo. Whether it is hiking, surfing, wine tasting, mountain biking, or just general well-being you are after, SLO offers world class opportunities with small town charm and community. With only a three hour drive to Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay area, or the mountains, SLO is also a great home base for weekend excursions.
The Wealth Advisor Position:
The Wealth Advisor serves as the primary point of contact for clients of Wacker Wealth Partners. Aided by Wealth Planning Analysts and a strong service and operations team, the Wealth Advisor oversees the service and advice given to clients for whom he/she is responsible and also supports Senior Wealth Advisors as appropriate.
- Performing analysis and delivering advice in the areas of Investing, Income tax, Estate Planning, Employee Benefits, Retirement Planning and Insurance;
- Utilizing planning, investment, and tax software programs;
- Preparing for, conducting, and following up on client meetings;
- Corresponding with clients over phone, email, letter, and virtual meeting software;
- Delivering outstanding, anticipatory service;
- Conducting educational presentations for retirement plan participants;
- Developing new client relationships.
Minimum Requirements (please do not apply unless you fulfill all requirements):
- A commitment to the profession of personal financial planning;
- A Bachelor’s degree and preferably a degree/certificate from a CFP® Board Registered Financial Planning program;
- A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification;
- A minimum of five years of experience in the personal finance industry, two years of which must include working directly with clients providing comprehensive financial advice;
An ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for helping people through the financial planning process;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, possessing both confidence and emotional intelligence;
- Robust analytical skills, both in identifying problem issues and in evaluating solutions;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated success building relationships with prospective clients;
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning and investment concepts;
- A genuine, self-assured personal interactive manner that elicits sharing and trust;
- A confident, can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
Salary and Benefits are competitive based on industry standards and qualifications